Sunday 10 November 2013

The Moody Blues

I have to post this, because even though we've all heard this song a million times and grown weary of it, if you watch the second part of the video you'll be taken by the shear relevance in which Justin Hayward sings. I don't think I've ever heard a person deliver a set of lyrics with quite so much conviction. The band (hippies!) is very careful not to interrupt his performance, holding back, even waiting at their stations like prophets in prayer. If anyone's ever going to perform live, this is the way to do it. So few of us can capture the true meaning of a song in such a beautiful manner. These guys are still touring in a sort of Grateful Dead status, only for richer, older folks. I have to say, every time I watch a performance on TV I am struck by how good they always are. Seeing them live would be, for lack of a better word, awesome. Sorry about the interviewer popping in with Pete Townshend. Ruins the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment